Why hire an architect?
Due to the complex and unique nature of every building, there is no right answer, no clear end-product in sight at the onset of a project. This uncertainty can be intimidating to first time developers, or it can be viewed as something exciting and regenerating with the right guidance.
The architect is in a unique position to reduce uncertainty in building projects:
- by applying an iterative design process to illustrate the various options available, the client is assured of the direction of the project at all times. This continuous process of reporting and feedback results in a well thought through solution and balances the developer's needs with the architect's vision.
- Uncertainty is further reduced by their ability to create visualisations of the building at all stages of the project, allowing changes to be made before it becomes costly to do so.
- They work within, and give constant feedback regarding the project budget and help select appropriate materials and workmanship that can be accurately priced by contractors.
- The increasingly technical nature of buildings has given rise to more varied building systems and consultants to design such systems. The architect can unload the burden of coordinating the designs of these specialists while still preserving the original vision for the project.
- Buildings need to comply with certain building codes and zoning laws, both of which architects are educated-, trained-, and experienced in to deal with in an efficient and legally sound manner.
- The architect can manage the bidding process, contract negotiation and management of the building contract once construction starts, protecting your interests using their expertise in this field.
Good design adds value; From increasing the value of your property for resale, drawing in customers for retail, attracting quality employees for businesses, to increasing productivity of staff working in well-designed buildings.
What Other Consultants Are Required?
Depending on the complexity and scale of the project, we will advise on the requirement for additional consultants. Consultants commonly employed are listed below:
Energy Efficiency Consultant